Friday, June 20, 2014

Journey to Happiness

Today is the sixteenth anniversary of the day Ruth's dad and I wed.  I still remember everything as though it happened just a week or so ago.  It's funny to me how that happens... how some memories get lost and others stay with us.

Even though my marriage to Ruth's dad didn't make it and is seen as a failure to most, I look at it and see an amazing gift - true success if there ever were such a thing.  Because of Ruth's dad and our marriage I grew and evolved and became this incredible person: A scholar, a teacher, and a mother.

Our marriage did not last but our family and a life long friendship has prevailed and that, my friends, is why I continue to honor this day each year.

To my first loves, Ruth and Chris, Happy Family Day!

Love,
Me

No comments: